Friday, January 17, 2014

Happy New Year

puzzle announcement that I put together while I was too nauseous to do much after the teeth extraction. I got really bored, there's only so much Netflix a person can watch in one day
I am very excited for this new year. It's already had a bit of excitement. Jan 2nd I got my wisdom teeth out! Rather painful. It wasn't THAT bad since I didn't need surgery of any kind, just simple extractions, but I was very sore and felt kinda terrible for a few days. I wanted to get it done before we moved since I found a low income clinic that only charges $54 per tooth, which seems to be a great deal. Besides getting some teeth out, this year will have LOTS of changes. Richard graduates in April and then we'll be moving and starting a new job (fingers crossed). We are hoping for something in Washington or near some of our other family members. Another exciting thing happening in August will be expanding to become a family of 5! We got to see the little peanut already and see the heartbeat which was nice and strong. I've been a little nauseous, but not too bad, mostly extra tired. (Getting my teeth pulled with morning sickness might not have been the best plan, but it wasn't as bad as it could've been). Growing a baby while keeping up with my 2 munchkins wears me out. Libby is hoping for a sister, but we won't know for awhile. She is already picking out names, luckily she isn't too picky and likes most of the names that will actually be considered. Elliot doesn't understand yet, but he loves babies and is very gentle with them. Maybe when my belly is big he will figure things out. I think it's another boy since I've been craving similar things to my pregnancy with Elliot, but who knows. Richard thinks it's a girl, I think it's because he hates all boy names, so picky. I'm excited to find out and also a little scared to have 3 kids. Hopefully no scary hospital visits this time around either.

As for resolutions go... mostly keep myself and the kids alive and healthy! Hopefully find some good doctors where ever we move. Reading scriptures and having family home evenings more regularly are some goals as well.  I want to do some sort of mommy school with Elliot to help increase his vocabulary and communication skills, I used to be good about doing that with Libby when she was his age. I am also hoping to potty train Elliot. He was in underwear most of today and had some successes and accidents, but hopefully it will go well. I am afraid I will give up soon and have to try again in a few months. Any good motivators?

3 comments:

  1. I can't think of motivators, just have sympathy for the potty training job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting! And good luck with that potty training thing. We've still not got it figured out with Peri, but I'm only buying one box of diapers, so we better figure it out quick before baby comes along. Perhaps that's a good motivator? Only having one in diapers at a time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Congrats!!!! That's SO exciting! Sorry about being tires and nauseous! That's the worse!

    ReplyDelete