Sunday, March 20, 2011

Conversations with a 1 year old


Some conversations with Libby this week:

me: "what do you want to do today?"
L: "cracker"

L: whining and trying to climb me
me: "honey, what do you need?"
L: "cracker"

L: standing up in her high chair and trying to climb out
me: "Libby! What do you say when you want out?"
L: "cracker?"
me: sigh, "Up, you say up"
L: "up!"

me: pointing to a picture in her book "who is that?"
L: "elmo"
me: "no, that's Penny, can you say Penny?"
L: "cookie"

I seems cracker is the answer for almost all questions, even when she really does not want to eat a cracker. Elmo or cookie (cookie monster) are the next most common answers. Her vocabulary is continuing to grow rapidly, it amazes me how many words she says.

2 comments:

  1. Libby sounds like such a fun and smart little girl. She seems to have a great vocabulary for a 1 year old, and I think cracker is a good answer for just about everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh. Lucky Libby that you take so much time to talk to her and teach her. She is just so cute.

    ReplyDelete