Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2 months

Elliot is 2 months old today. He had to get a bunch of shots at his appointment today. NOT FUN. He was so mad. Then he has been so sleepy the rest of today. Poor little guy. He is growing very well though. He gained 2 lbs in 3 weeks! They still want us to give him high calorie formula 2x a day until he is 4 months, then after that he should be fine with just breastfeeding or regular formula. The doctors office gave me this huge bag of formula too, which was pretty exciting cuz that stuff is expensive. I actually love that he can have formula. Libby refused a bottle no matter what was in it. I tried 3 or 4 different kinds of bottles with her. Now during the night if I am feeling particularly exhausted I can make Richard get up and feed Elliot a bottle. It is wonderful, even if Richard doesn't agree. It's also nice when we have company over; I don't have to try to feed him under a blanket (which can be very difficult sometimes) or go hide for half an hour. We can also have a babysitter and not worry so much about being back in time for a feeding. We are spoiled with this little guy. I guess he's making up for the trouble he gave me by coming so early.

Height: 21 1/4 inches
Weight: 8 lbs 1 oz

Fun things about Elliot:
loves getting his cheeks kissed--big smiles
loves his binky
has the stinkiest farts (probably from the formula)
loves showers with mommy
loves his swing (he hardly ever sleeps in his bed, just like Libby)
Usually really awake and wanting to play around 8-11 am and pm.
Usually sleeps around 5 hrs straight a night! (amazing)
Tries to grab things to put in his mouth
Very happy unless he is hungry or farting.

Just realized I should do a christmas blog....coming soon I guess.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I can't help it, I just love hearing about the farting

    ReplyDelete