Friday, December 16, 2011

Due Date

Today was Elliot's due date. Crazy to think I could've still been pregnant. I'm happy to have a healthy happy 6 week old instead! He is over 6 lbs now and 19.75 inches and looks like a regular newborn and can even fit some newborn things without looking like he is drowning in them. He is starting to "coo" a little bit and make cute little baby noises (besides his nearly constant grunts). It's pretty adorable. He is fascinated with one of the baby toys we have, which is basically black and white check fabric with ribbons attached. It's funny to watch him stare intently at it.
snuggling the giraffe i made him

sleeping in his big boy carseat after our trip to Idaho falls

To give a little perspective on how small Elliot was/is: This is a newborn onesie next to a preemie onesie. He can still fit into the preemie ones, but they are getting tight, so I've been putting the newborn size ones on him the last couple days.

Libby helping put up Christmas lights...or  dance with them, whatever works

Libby thought she was pretty hilarious when she put a swimming diaper on her head and wanted to check it out in the mirror

Libby taking care of her and Elliot's animals.

She's so grown up and so cute!

Evalyn Andrus (Libby's BFF), Elliot and Libby. Libby wouldn't pose for a picture

Gross, right? I didn't think Richard would believe me when I said Elliot spit up a lot, so I took a picture. Poor guy was covered in it and not happy.
I am really thankful that neither of my babies cried a lot. I was reading that pre-mature babies can cry up to 2 hours more per day than a full term baby and that it's still considered normal for a full term baby to cry up to 4 hours a day! (4 hours isn't 4 hrs straight, but all the crying in a day added up) I would go insane if I had a baby who cried 4 hours though. So I am extra thankful that Elliot probably only cries about an hour a day total. He is a really good baby. He only cries when he's hungry or farting. He really hates farting and we all hate it too b/c he can stink up a whole room. I didn't know a baby could stink it up like he can, must be the formula we give him.
Janae and Julie holding Zach and Elliot who are 2 1/2 months apart in age.
Liberty is still a really good sister. She gets jealous of him occasionally when she wants to snuggle with me and he is eating. She's not a huge snuggler though, so this doesn't happen very often. She does get mad if I try to let him use one of her blankets and tries to pull it out from under him. Even ones she doesn't use, she knows they are hers and she is not about to share them. She knows which ones are Elliot's blankets and won't even touch them (besides to put them on Elliot). Silly girl. I am getting used to having 2 kids though and it's getting easier and pretty fun. Our house is a huge mess most the time, but it was that way most the time when we just had 1 kid.....Clean houses are over-rated, right?

p.s. sorry the pictures are in such a weird order, I can't get them to move where I want. Stupid blogger.


They have matching santa suits, so we had to take some pictures. They are such cute little boys!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a couple of cuties! I so wish we could come see you guys. Look in the mail for a package soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like the puddles Zach makes way too many times a day!

    ReplyDelete