Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sweet Libby moments

I sure love my Libby, especially after moments like these:

A few days ago we got an awesome wooden nativity set from Annaliese. It's perfect for Libby to play with, so we set it up in her room. While we were playing with it, I decided I should talk to Libby about the story of Jesus's birth. I told her that Jesus had to sleep on the hay b/c he didn't have a crib. She picked up baby Jesus and put him through the slots of the crib. I asked her if Jesus could have her crib and she excitedly said "yeah!" It was adorable.

Elliot started crying while on the floor a couple days ago and Libby went over to him and started singing twinkle twinkle little star. He really likes it when she comes and talks to him and started to calm down. Such a good sister.

Libby really wants to play with Elliot already. I think they are going to be good pals (or Libby might boss him around a bunch). She already tries to play with him. Her favorite game to play with him (and only him so far) involves her getting a measuring spoon and then pretending to scoop soup off the floor or a bowl and feed it to Elliot. Luckily he doesn't seem to care that she is shoving a spoon in his face over and over yelling "soup! eat soup!" Most the time he's actually asleep when she does it. I'm so glad that she likes Elliot, we were a bit worried about that.


p.s. sorry about the lack of pictures. Our camera button is refusing to work. We bought a new one as an early Christmas present to each other. unfortunately, now I'm not sure where the old one is so I can transfer the SD card into the new one...working on cleaning the house, one continuous mess at a time.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like everyone is adjusting pretty well! Has Libby started sleeping better for you again? Thanks for the updates. I know I should call and get them but children make the phone hard for me :(. Looking forward to more pictures when you find your SD card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's such a sweetie! It's been so fun to watch Addie and Carter together too. That's funny Libby wants him to eat soup, so random. Addie is under the impression that Carter is getting chocolate milk when he nurses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats about as cute as it gets.
    Libby is a very caring girl, especially for babys.

    ReplyDelete