Thursday, December 15, 2011

Primary Program

On Sunday Libby was in her first primary program. In most wards the nursery is not part of the program, but most wards have more than one primary age child. Yep, our ward has one 5 year old and 2 nursery kids. I didn't think we were going to have a program at all. To my surprise when we walked into sacrament meeting, one of the primary presidency asked me if I though Liberty would sit up on the stand or if I wanted to bring her up when it was her turn. I had no idea what she was talking about. Liberty pretty much went back and forth between sitting with her leaders and sitting with me on the front row. Basically the program was the primary teachers giving talks and then Noah (5yr old) said a couple short parts and sang 2 or 3 solos. During his solos, Liberty and Jace held up pictures of the temple, etc to go with the song. That was all they did, but it was so cute to see her up there. In between their parts, all the kids sat on the floor between the podium and the chairs and colored pictures. It was funny to see the Noah interact with Libby. I could tell he thought she was a baby, he kept doing baby noises to her and would make silly faces at her, which she of course thought was hilarious. I kind of wish I had known ahead of time that it was happening so I could've tried to teach Libby the songs. She loves book of mormon stories and does all the hand motions. Every day before nap/bedtime I have to sing it about 5 times and help all her stuffed animals do the hand motions. It's pretty funny, but I have to put my foot down eventually or she'd have me do it for hours.

2 comments:

  1. During our primary program this year we had the realization that next year Addie would be there. It was weird. I wish I had LIbby in my nursery class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I thought our program was late in mid November. I would love to have seen Libby. Elliot would have been born today if he waited till his due date. Here he is all healthy & 6lbs.

    ReplyDelete