Sunday, December 4, 2011

One Month

look at that smile!



stretch!

not a fan of the naked photo shoot idea....

but he's so cute naked, i couldnt help it


Santa baby

This is newborn size and huge on him. It was the first baby thing I bought after we found out we were pregnant with a December baby. It was on clearance. It was suppose to be the outfit he came home from the hospital in. I never thought he'd be born so early or be so small though.

Libby needed in on the photo shoot. One of the only pictures of her smiling for the camera on purpose.
I really don't believe it was a whole month ago that Elliot was born. I guess its because those 2 1/2 weeks at the NICU made it seem like he wawsn't really ours. He is so cute! Lots of pictures today. Some interesting things I have learned about him (and preemie babies in general): He is a very noisy sleeper. I am starting to sleep through it a little bit, but it really is ridiculous (and a little obnoxious at times-like when I am trying to sleep) how much noise he makes. When he is crying, the usual walking around, patting, bouncing thing you do with most babies, does not work. The best thing to do when he crying is just sit down and snuggle and try not to disturb him. He loves to be held. I guess he decided that he was tired of being in a bed with only a little holding for 2 1/2 weeks. It's fun but sometimes makes it hard to get things done. I still can't believe how little he is. The preemie clothes still fit, mostly. Some are getting a bit tight on him, but everytime I try to put newborn clothes on him, he drowns in them. It's weird to think I would still be pregnant if he came when he was supposed to. I'm glad I'm not pregnant, it's not very fun and having Elliot is lots of fun. Okay, picture time!
"Here mom, I'll mess up the bed you just made for the photo shoot." Little stinker. She's so cute though.

6 comments:

  1. 6 weeks early and he still already looks like Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, he's so darn cute! And seeing him in that newborn outfit really shows how tiny he is. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sweet. We need to get pictures with Elliot and Zach in their matching Santa outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought he looked a lot like Libby in these. And she sure is adorable. Love those polka dot pants! Carter has actually been a very quiet baby, none of those weird sleeping noises I remember from Addie. But a few days ago he discovered. That he could make all his cooing/talking noises 3x louder than he used to, so why ever go back to quiet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure glad that I'll get to see him next month. The smiling picture of him is so cute.

    ReplyDelete