Thursday, November 10, 2011

Initiation

Funny Elliot story. I guess he decided I needed to be initiated as his mom. While I was feeding him through his tube, he spit up a massive amount all over the blankets and my pants. After the feeding I was changing a really nasty diaper and he started to pee on me. I caught most of with a wipe, but some got on my hands. While I was wiping that up, he projectile pooped all over everything, including my hands and all the blankets, etc. It was pretty funny even though it was really gross. Then while I was lifting him up so the nurse could remove the poopy blankets, he sneezed a few times and a booger came out. I felt like a real mom.

Also, some more great news. He has finally started gaining weight. The last 2 days he's gained about an ounce a day, which is what they want him to do! The measure him at midnight so we don't know if he's kept it up today, but I think he has. He's so smart. Richard took some pictures on his phone, so you should all bug him to post them to facebook and here. He's so cute.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Welcome to life as Mommy to a boy! You'll get used to lower body projectiles and how to avoid terrible messes. :) So glad he is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad our little Boot has plenty of personality already:)

    ReplyDelete