Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat?

I clearly remember always choosing treat in this situation, but today has not turned out quite like that. But first we will show some fun treats and Halloween festivities b/c Libby is cute. Monday for FHE we carved a pumpkin. Richard was unfortunately gone for most of Halloween festivities b/c his Geology class had a field trip early Thursday morning till late Saturday night. They went down to Utah and dug for fossils and camped, etc. Anyways, Saturday we Libby and I got to trick or treat around a little shopping center in Rexburg with the Higginsons and Andrus's. Libby was pretty thrilled about the candy and free cookies, apple cider, and pumpkin bread (I was too, delicious). We got to see some cool pumpkins and other kids dressed up. Libby was creeped out a bit by a lady dressed up as a witch, but mostly enjoyed it. Later we had our ward Halloween party which was pretty fun, I got a few pictures of that.
Liberty LOVES pumpkins. She will talk about them all day, I'm serious. We can't go out the door without saying hi to the pumpkin.

She enjoyed playing with the pumpkin guts but was too afraid to stick her hand in the pumpkin

Ward Halloween party in her Monkey costume

All the one year olds loved the pumpkin bowling set up and carried the paper towel bowling pins around the room. Libby actually rolled the pumpkin over to them and would knock them down one at a time.

The bean bag toss was a huge hit for the toddlers as well. This is LIbby with her best friends Jace and Evalyn

Libby is "helping" me make chocolate sugar cookies for our halloween play group party to take place Halloween morning. After she punched a shape in, she immediately tried to grab some dough to eat.

Picture from the Halloween party at our house. (that I sadly had to miss)



Me and Libby yesterday Oct 30, before any tricks happened. I can't access facebook to put up a picture of me in my awesome costume, so maybe i'll add it later.
SO on to the TRICKS. (sorry if it's jumbled, I'm on drugs and it's pretty late) Halloween morning around 1:45 am I woke up, which isn't terribly unusual b/c this happens a million times a night b/c being pregnant is very uncomfortable. At first I thought I was hungry, it had been quite awhile since I'd eaten anything, so I went to eat a bagel. After walking to the kitchen I felt like someone stabbed me in the gut (not the preggo belly, but just above). It hurt so bad. I thought it was a sudden onset of the flu or something b/c I had that a couple months ago and I did feel pretty nauseus. After a couple minutes I decided this was not the flu and woke Richard up. He called the dr and gave me a blessing. The dr wanted me to come in in the morning, but said if it got worse we could go to the ER. I tried to lay down and get comfy and walked around a bunch b/c I felt like my heart was racing. After an hour I told Richard I couldn't handle it any more and we were going to the hospital. Luckily we have great friends who are willing to come sleep on our couch at 3:30 am so we didn't have to wake up sweet Libby. My blood pressure was really really high (which it's never been) when I got in and I was in a ton of pain. (way worse than labor with Libby). They didn't want to give me any meds till they did labs and waited for the dr. I think it was about 2 more hours and I was not myself. Once I got some meds though, I felt like a person again. At first they thought it had to do with my liver and was  form of pre-clampsia called HELLP, which can be really serious and dangerous. I'm not sure exactly why it was ruled out, but now they have decided it is Toxemia which basically means my body is fighting the pregnancy. The drs said this is weird since i have already had a kid, I guess it's more normal for a first pregnancy and basically all the other risk factors do not fit my situation at all, guess I'm just special. The whole time though the baby has been fine, moving around with a nice strong heartbeat. He's a little trooper. So I am probably going to have this baby sometime tomorrow. My blood pressure has been all over the place today and my kidneys are leaking too much protein in the urine. I don't really think I can explain everything b/c most of it has gone over my head. It's been quite the stressful day and definitly not what I had on my agenda for the week. It was kind of weird b/c last week i felt like I really shoudl read up about c-sections just in case. I've talked about them with people who've had them, but really never read exactly what they do when they cut you open. I know they are pretty routine and I wasn't worried about it too much, but I feel better having read what I did, especially b/c that is most likely the route we'll take this week.
The little dude still needs a name, but I'm sure it will come. He'll be 6 1/2 weeks early and probably weigh around 4 lbs and have to be in the NICU for 2-4 weeks so he can finish developing. I got a steroid shot earlier today to help his lungs develop faster and they said that should really speed up his time in the NICU.  I can't wait to see the little guy even if we aren't even close to being ready for him. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll stay inside me for a few more weeks.
I sure miss Libby though. I only saw her for a few minutes today which is sure a change from my day. I am so thankful to have great friends to watch her and also am so happy she's such an easy going kid and was so good for everyone today. Oh and I'm very very happy my mom was able to switch her schedule around and is coming tomorrow to help out. We are pretty lucky around here.

4 comments:

  1. We were all thinking about you and the little dude yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I am glad to hear that you have some good doctors looking after you and that your Mom will be there soon! Please keep us updated and we will keep you in our prayers. Good luck with everything, we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not the Halloween day you expected I am sure, you def got tricked! Hope the little guy can stay in you as long as possible. Glad your mom got there to help take care of Liberty.

    Love the little monkey costume, did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made most of the costume with some help from my mom while we were there in September. Libby loves it and would probably wear it everyday if we let her.

    ReplyDelete