Friday, July 13, 2012

4th of July

Waiting for the parade to start

Me and Elliot

Richard & Libs

The parade was really long, so we went to the park for the last part and enjoyed the swings

She would swing all day if I would let her and push her "higher!"

Made us some festive desserts

We set up our tiny little pool for the kids

Libby wouldn't hold still for a picture

Me and Libby did a 4th of July craft project together
The tablet never published my post, so I finally downloaded the pics onto the computer. It was a Fun fun day. Parade, park, good food, swimming, crafts, relaxing, and fireworks! The fireworks were literally across the street from our apartment, so we went out and watched and got Libby out of bed so she could see them too. She thought they were pretty neat, but got a little scared during the finally because it was so loud. She told us she needed to go back to bed. It was nice to have a day together where we didn't have church, school or work--we don't get enough of those. I've always loved the 4th of July, maybe because my bday is 2 days later, I don't know, but I always have good memories from this time of year. This year was a good one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment