Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I hate poop and dogs...sorry for a poop post, you may not want to read this

One of the many reasons I will NEVER EVER own a dog is the whole picking up poop off the ground thing. That is the grossest thing I could ever think of. Well, apparently having a toddler means I get to do this anyway. I do not know what to do with this girl. I duct taped her diaper on 2x and Richard gave in yesterday and let her wear pants over her diaper (she refuses to sleep with clothes on, it's too hot). Today she really did need a diaper change so I took the duct taped one off nad tried the pants tactic since she was whining about the tape. She took the pants off (after I put her back in bed) as well as  her poopy diaper while she was supposed to be taking a nap. There were poop pieces scattered around her room as well as a million wipes she used to clean her own bum, some of which she put back into the wipes container covered in poo. A few days ago when she did this I actually stepped BAREFOOT onto her poop. It was horrible. While I love all the funny things Libby can say and do at this age, I HATE potty training and this diaper removal stage. I don't know how to get her to keep it on!!! I locked her in her room till Richard gets home in 20 minutes. I'm pretty sure she is trashing it as I type.....One more thing to do before we leave for vacation tomorrow.....yay

THis is random, but I cannot find our tent anywhere which is very problematic since we are supposed to be camping tomorrow night.....And I am sleep deprived. Someday Elliot will sleep all night again, right?

Elliot bytheway is ridiculously close to crawling. He'll do maybe one crawl step and then slide out on his belly or go back to sitting. He seems more and more motivated though. I think it will happen any day now.

Also, I really truly hate dogs. I think my hatred for them has grown stronger since picking up LIbby's poop and the fact that they have to ruin perfectly good grassy areas by peeing on it all the time. Truly disgusting. I try not to influence my children too much by this hatred, but I did say something about dogs being gross the other day. I'm not sure if Libby noticed, Richard did. I'm very grateful that Richard shares my disgust for dogs though. I can't imagine being married to a dog lover. I am sorry if I have offended any dog lovers who may read this blog. Dogs and Horses are the worst animals though. I should probably end before I get even more carried away by my reasons behind these feelings.

One more thing, so we had a bbq thing with some people Richard knows and we had our 2 cute kids and then several people brought their dogs and the whole time everyone was talking about the dogs and how adorable they were. I wanted to barf. I mean did they even look at our children??? Umm...way cuter and do way cuter things then some dumb dog. Really people?

4 comments:

  1. I am totally with you on the dog thing--SO nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the poop thing, toilet training does not sound fun! I'm not a dog person either, but Ryan is so I might have to give in one day :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried just putting her in training underwear? Summer is a good time to complete the potty training stage. The most frustrating part of potty training for me was when Matthew would go find the only carpet in our house and then pee (we have wood floors) but we made it through that stage and only have accidents every once in awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does great in underwear for #1, holds it for a long time, with very little accidents. but for #2, she'll just go in her undies and cleaning up a poopy diaper is way better than poopy panties. She usually (90% of the time) waits till naptime anyways to do her business and I usually put her in a diaper at naptime. now it is a duct taped diaper...

    ReplyDelete