Monday, July 2, 2012

conversations I never thought I'd have.....

Mostly these are for me so I can remember the things she said as a 2 year old. They make me laugh. Who knew 2 yr olds could be so hilarious

Libby: I want a snack
mom: what do you want to eat? apples, graham crackers, carrots?
Libby: POOP!
mom: Eww Libby, you can't have poop
Libby: I WANT TO EAT POOP! (chanted repeatedly while I ignored her and got something else for her)

Sometimes I do not know what goes on in that little girl's head

Mom: Libby you're smart. You have a smart brain. Your brain is inside your head.
Libby: open it?
Mom: open what?
LIbby: my head.
Mom: You can't open your head
Libby: I wanna open it. I wanna see the brain!

Libby (sitting on the floor pulling on her toes): Scream
Mom: What Libby?
Libby: Off! I need this off! (continuing to pull her toes)
Mom: your toes?
Libby: yes! (more exasperated screams) I need my toes off!
Mom: Libby you can't take your toes off. You need them to help you walk. They have to stay on your feet
Libby: No! I need them off Mom!

Libby has also started to make up stories, which are pretty entertaining:

L:A black monster was at the dr's office and it trying bite me!
M:oh no! what did you do?
L:I climb into the cart.
M:did it try to bite mommy and elliot?
L:yes. And woody and buzz were at the drs with us.
M:what about woody? did he save us?
L:no. the black monster bite woody. but, the aliens save us from the black monster. the black monster is scary.
M:did the aliens protect us?
L:yes, aliens protect us from the black monster.

After nursery this week she told me she protected Eli from the monsters. :) So funny.

Libby brings her 2 child chairs into the middle of the living room placing them side by side. She climbs into one and says: C'mon Woody it's time for our lesson. You sit in the blue chair.
M: what are you doing?
L: We're having a lesson in our nursery class. We go to primary. (She then continued to chat with an imaginary Woody about things that happened in nursery.)
It was pretty darn adorable. I convinced her to sing to me songs from Primary.  Oh and she told me "Heavenly father loves me!" SO CUTE!

3 comments: