Friday, February 8, 2013

Elliot 15 Months

Warning: this is long and probably only grandparents care about all this, but it will help me remember all the things I love about this age.

I can't believe Elliot is 15 months! He is still our baby. Richard forgot that he was even 1 and got all worried when I gave Elliot honey a couple days ago. It's funny how different Elliot is from Libby at this age. I love how different they are, they are both so awesome and I'm so happy to be their mom.

Weight: 21 lbs 10 oz (12%)  Height: 31 in (47%)

Elliot loves:
-to climb. He is really good at it. Up and down all day long. He even climbs on and off our bed (which is pretty tall). He can climb onto the piano bench and then onto the piano all by himself. He also loves to climb over people if they are in his way...
-to snuggle. I love how snuggly he is. Libby was never a snuggler, unless she was sick. This kid loves it, sometimes a little too much. Every morning around 7 he comes in the bed with us and goes back to sleep, usually snuggled up to my face, making it impossible to move. It's adorable, even if it is inconvenient sometimes.
-to smile! All you have to do is say hi to him and he will smile the most infectious smile at you. He charms everyone who meets him. He flirts all the time! I always thought Libby was a happy baby, but in comparison to Elliot she was a grump (well maybe not a grump, but def. not this happy).
- to show off. He looks so proud of himself every time he stands up by himself or takes a few steps. It's so funny. Usually he is so proud of himself it makes him trip. He takes one step and falls to the ground. He is getting so close to walking. He took 6 steps the other day, but most of the time it's 1 or 2 and back to crawling.
-Pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals...basically anything soft. He will tackle it and nuzzle his face into it
-Buttons. His favorite buttons are the sewing machine, printer and t.v.
-Milk. Seriously this kid can drink!

standing up like it's no big deal
Elliot is now sleeping from around 8pm to 7 am which is wonderful. While we were in Washington he was waking up in the night and sleeping with me and I am glad to be done with that. I feel so rested this week. He also takes 1 nap during the day which is wonderful.
Sorry it's hard to see, but it was funny. Elliot will go back to sleep for a little bit in my bed after I give him a bottle in the morning. Usually he snuggles my face. A couple days ago he had his head half under the pillow stretched over most of the bed and slept till 9:20. (Also you can see our pretty bedspread we got for Christmas. I like it a lot)

Elliot is the funniest eater. To get him to try anything (even if he's eaten it 100x), you pretty much have to hold his hands down and shove it into his mouth. He then will realize it's delicious and eat the rest of whatever you are feeding him. If you try to give him another bite too soon, he will shake his head till he's ready and yell/say "more" at that time if you are too slow. He will start throwing food to let me know he is done.

Elliot can say: Momma, Up, Ball, More, Cheese, Cracker, Cole, Bottle (baba), bye bye & nose. I know, he's pretty much a genius. :)  I was feeling a little bummed that another kid in our ward has been walking for months and he's younger than Elliot, but he doesn't say any words so then I realized I'd rather have Elliot talk than walk. He's getting there on walking, I'm sure it'll happen soon. He also will do a gorilla and lion/dino roar.



Side Note: I'll be doing an all about Libby post soon since her bday is this month! We're having an "Angelina ballerina" party for her. She is soooooo excited. It will be awesome and the first bday party with friends for her (we were kinda slackers on the last 2 bdays, but now that she has been to bday parties, she knows if we try to skip it)

2 comments:

  1. good to hear that he's a healthy milk-drinker. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally sold on this little boy. We had so much fun in Seattle.

      Delete