Monday, March 25, 2013

Etsy

So I started an etsy shop back when Libby was a baby (there's a link to it on the right side bar if you scroll down) . I got a few sales on my tutus and hair clips, but not enough to really make much of an effort with the shop. Well, recently I decided to start it up again with some new items. We have a mini crib and when we got it, I realized it's hard to find sheets for them. the ones i found were pretty boring too. So I made one. For some reason it only recently clicked that other people probably have the same problem with finding these teeny tiny sheets. So on Monday I posted 3 different types of mini crib sheets (flannel, cotton, and minky) in many awesome fabric choices. By Saturday I had 2 sales! {Victory dance} I'm pretty excited, less than a week and 2 sales is pretty good. i'm hoping it keeps going well, especially with all the fabric I've bought and sheets I already made....I"m also working on some fun dress up clothes to add to the shop; Mostly aprons that look like princess costumes or superheroes. (aprons are much easier to put on a kid than a full costume, is my thinking). There is this one etsy shop that sells really cute princess aprons and they charge $60! They are cute, but not worth $60. I made a practice Snow white one and it cost me probably less than $4 to make, so I'll probably sell them for $12-15. My goal for my shop is to charge a reasonable price for things, I never buy things on Etsy b/c everything seems way over-priced and I usually figure I can make it or find it on Amazon for a better deal. I assume other people feel that way too.

Anyways....that's pretty much it.

2 comments:

  1. That is very good, what a sense of validation to have them want to buy the cute things that you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never could find good sheets for the mini crib either, I think you may sell lots of those! I feel the same way about Etsy, there are so many cute things but they are so expensive and then you have to pay shipping on top of it! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete